Saturday, April 28, 2012

Jayna's Studio Tour

Jayna & I have been good friends going on 20 years now. We met when she worked at the same elementary school that my kids were attending. I had volunteered to do any sewing projects that might be needed by the school, and she was in charge of an enrichment program where the kids ran a school-wide postal service - I was asked to make some mail pouches. When I went to her house to deliver them I couldn't tear myself away from looking at all her wonderful decorating. Her style and interests have changed through the years - from tole painting - to quilting - to jewelry making - her current passion - but she's always had impeccable taste. Her studio has always been one of my favorite rooms and she was recently convinced to send pictures of it to a national magazine that features such wonderful spaces. I asked her if I could share those photos on here on my blog and she consented - so here's a sneak peek of all her wonderful treasures and functional work space. ENJOY!












12 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Wow! She has a lot of neat things! I enjoyed the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh what fun! I'd enjoy looking too, but would hate to dust in there! ;D

Janet O. said...

What a very fun place to explore--and create!!

The Wool Cupboard said...

Oh, to be that organized and stylish at the same time!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful work space, Gayle.

Linda

Lori said...

How could you NOT be creative in that wonderful space?! So much fun!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a wonderful room! So organized but so much eye candy. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs :)
Lauren

jody said...

wounderful pictures! so fun to have our own little space! thanx for sharing! enjoy your day!

annie said...

I would love to work here, it's wonderful!

frontporchprims said...

I just love inspiration and the wonderful people that create them. What a wonderful friends to have. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful space. -Steph-

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Gayle,
When I close my eyes and dream of a space to create, I actually SEE THIS!!! lol
What a wonderful haven she has created for herself!! I certainly hope they feature her!! Amazing!!
Thanks to both of you for sharing! Now I feel really inspired to create!
Warm Blessings~~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Gayle,
When I close my eyes and dream of a space to create, I actually SEE THIS!!! lol
What a wonderful haven she has created for herself!! I certainly hope they feature her!! Amazing!!
Thanks to both of you for sharing! Now I feel really inspired to create!
Warm Blessings~~
Julie

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a fun place! Have to keep coming back for another look because there is so much to see, and I see something new each time.
Thanks for taking us along,
Robyn