I used yarn to whip the edges and did a spot dye to help it blend more with the dappled green shade color behind the lattice in the border.
I think it turned out pretty well!
I decided to replace the bird's beaks with a darker wool....
....after I did a Google image search for bluebirds and discovered that they actually are darker.
Another bird project I worked on was this cute little garland made of wool. I attended the Open House at Black Sheep Woolens and this kit was a free gift to all those who came. It's hand stitched and I love the felted wool balls and beads that add to it's charm. Thanks Leisa!
A few posts back I shared photos of furniture my friend Kathy was making for her little Haunted House. I thought she might like a little area rug in one of the rooms, so suggested that she find a design that would work and she asked for a spider web. Here is is drawn on paper, and then transferred to the weaver's cloth.
This is the finished rug - done with needle punch - that finishes 3" in diameter. She hasn't seen it yet - I will deliver it to her next week - sure hope she likes it! I'll share more photos of her Halloween project as it progresses.
I finally got all the blocks made for the Woolen Willow sewalong - even got the blocks sewn together and the borders attached! Now it's all ready to be quilted, but who knows how long that will take! LOL The finished size of this quilt is 48" x 54" and most of the applique is done with scraps of wool.
I've also been stitching up the blocks that Cheri Payne is sharing on her blog - each 6" block is quick to make and the quilt is guaranteed to be a winner because that's all Cheri knows how to do!
I recently won a giveaway from my LQS and received a huge package of elongated hexagons for English Paper Piecing. I have begun working on a small quilt using some of these - they're great to do while watching TV in the evenings.
As you can see, I've been quite busy with a variety of projects - which is my favorite kind of busy!