I used six different background wools because I thought it would make it look more interesting, but I think they ended up being too much alike in color and value, so that part didn't turn out quite like I had hoped. But I still like it - you can barely see the difference if you look closely.
My favorite part of the rug ended up being the binding because of a new technique that I tried for the very first time. Cool, huh? I followed the instructions that Saundra shared on her blog here, except I used a strip of wool to enclose the edge instead of cotton fabric like she used.
I finished piecing the top of my Dresden Plate quilt - no idea when it will actually ever get quilted. Kind of hypnotic if you look at it long enough! LOL
And earlier this week I started a Christmas project using these fun colors of fabric. Need to get it finished and in the mail ASAP!
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving holiday. We had all of our loved ones (except one) gathered under our roof for six hours or so, and it was delightful! I love that everyone helps with the meal by bringing a bit of this and that. Plus, we had a bit of snow to fuel the celebration - yay!