I've wanted to make a spool quilt for years and years, so I finally did it after being inspired by a project in a recent issue of Primitive Quilts & Projects. I didn't use their pattern or instructions, but did it my own way. The blocks measure 3" square.
And here is a scrappy little one I made using lots of half square triangles. These blocks are 2" square.
I have another small quilt pieced and sandwiched, but haven't been able to get it quilted yet, so I hope to share that with you soon.
Yesterday I took a break from my own projects and helped DD#2 make a dragon costume for her little guy to wear on Halloween - it was fun to do and he looks so dang dute in it! Hope I can get some pictures of him to share later.