Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pillow Project

There are so many wonderful projects in the premier issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects that it was hard for me to choose which one to work on first. I finally decided to do Maggie B's wool runner, but I altered it a bit to make a pillow instead. Although I used all the pattern pieces at the same size they were printed, I scrunched them closer together to make a smaller version. I really like the striped fabric I used for the background (Maggie used a solid black wool), but the yellow sunflowers don't seem to show up quite as good as they should have - I guess I could re-do them, but that's probably not going to happen!


A little close-up of the wool fabrics and the stitching. Now that I think about it, I wish I had embroidered my initials on there somewhere too - oh well!

13 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a sweet little pillow, Gayle! I love the summery cheerfulness of it! Great job! Smiles & Hugs, Robin

Cathy G. said...

Gayle,
Love your pillow..... reminds me of a summer garden!
Love the stripe fabric!
I have yet to get a copy of that magazine.
Cathy G

Shakerwood said...

I think I have that ticking somewhere. It turned out great. Maybe you could do some black stitching or a dark colored rick-rack around the flowers to make them stand out more.

Sweet Sue said...

Wow Gayle, love the foundation you chose, FABULOUS work and finishing, such a treasure, lucky you:)

Trace4J said...

Love love love your beautiful pillow!!
Great job!!
I have to get that magazine!!
Have great day!!
Granny Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love the pillow. I was going to suggest some dark stitching to outline the flowers as well! I really need to send in my money for this magazine! Everyone seems to love it!
Hugs,
Courtney

Brenda said...

Looks great just as it is Gayle!!

Brenda

Raymond Homestead said...

Looks great Gayle! Love the colors!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I love it, Gayle and I think the yellow sunflowers show up just fine. Very cute, indeed!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Gayle ~
Looks great! I just love Maggie's designs. I'd like to turn that pattern in to a hooked rug.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Jeni said...

Love how the pillow turned out!!!! Great job! Can't wait to see what you do next!
Jeni

Lori said...

I don't think anything needs to be redone. it looks wonderful just the way it is!!

Wendy said...

I love your version better than the one in the magazine. The red ticking is prefect. I have this new magazine and love it.