Monday, June 29, 2009

Hooray!


A couple years ago I discovered the series of books called The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. They are so delightful - in a way that's hard to explain. There are no fast car races or crashes - there are no steamy love scenes - just a quiet, peaceful, enjoyable story with a bit of quirky humor and believable characters. Anyway, I'm so excited because I just got an email from my local library saying that my name finally came up on the list - so I'm heading out to pick it up and start reading the newest story - I know I'll enjoy it! I've heard that there is now a TV series about this book on HBO - unfortunately we don't have HBO, so I'm hoping it'll be available as a DVD on Netflix eventually.


4 comments:

{Kaitlyn} said...

Yeah.. you did it Mom, looks great!

joy said...

Gayle, Hello, I am finally glad to see your blog!
Have a great day, Joy
joysthoughtsandthings

Charlotte said...

Yay for blogs! I love the picture you took for your title bar.

Sophias Correction said...

How cool?... I read these books and its come to my attention recently thru another search that the fellow who made all those great movies, Nottinghill, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Bridget Jones' Diary, and Love Actually (Richard Curtis) is now making these books into movies/TV shows in Britain so you just might be interested (I know I am)... Peace.