Friday, July 24, 2009

My New Necklace

While in Portugal, I didn't really see anything exceptional that I wanted to bring home for a souvenir. Most of the items in the stores were things that are readily available here at home, so I wasn't even tempted by buy anything. BUT, when we got to Boston, I saw a booth full of beautiful, unique jewelry for sale made by an amazing artist and I just couldn't resist! The colors of the beach stones that she uses for her work include nearly every color of the rainbow - and the way she combines them, alters them (a tiny bit), and presents them were so perfect for a natural presentation. The necklace I chose has mostly pale green stones and I just love it.

6 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

WOW! The Azores! It looks just beautiful there. Glad you had fun. Mimi

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

That is very unique and very pretty!!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Very pretty! I always feel like I ahve to get one tiny little thing when we go somewhere. But I'm the same as you, it has to be something special.
Enjoy it!

The Wool Cupboard said...

Hi, Gayle! Wow, lucky you!! First Portugal and then a really great necklace. The color is beautiful. Love it! Linda/TheWoolCupboard

Kaelah said...

Wonderful choice for this beach stones jewelry... Love this.