Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In Progress


I've started a new rug hooking project - this one has been in my mind for several years. They're long skinny rugs to put on the stair risers going up into my studio. I need to make six of them, and at first I had planned to personalize each rug to reflect the members of my family. It proved to be too hard to depict hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, snowboarding and stuff like that in a primitive manner, so that idea was scrapped. I finally decided to just use some simple folk art motifs on each rug, with the same border treatment to tie them all together. Here is a picture of the first one almost finished. The designs came from various rug hooking and quilting books that I have in my library - some had to be enlarged to fit the space - what did we ever do before computers and scanners? They sure do make life easier, huh?


4 comments:

whitey said...

IT'S ABOUT TIME!! CAN NOT WAIT FOR YOU TO START SHARING YOUR TALENTS.

The Gathering Room said...

wow what talent in your designs! Welconme to blogging!
Cindy

Charlotte said...

This new-fangled technology is fantastic. I bet most people don't use it to make doing things the old fashioned way (by hand) easier though.

Nedra said...

I am so glad you have decided to blog. Wonderful projects. I remember looking at the stair runners when we were in Colorado together and you talking about them then. They will look perfect in your house.
And that new cabinet with the hooked rugs? Wow!