Monday, March 14, 2011

Rug Hooking Last Week

I seem to be slow about posting pictures from meetings lately - sorry 'bout that! Last week I attended my monthly Salt Lake City rug hooking meeting and wanted to share some pictures with you. First of all, Nancy finished this darling rug for her newest grandchild - the design is so perfect for a little kid - I can see her playing "I Spy" with this rug!


Here's a close-up so you can see all the gorgeous colors in that antique black background.


And this is Nancy's new project - a pillow pattern that was in a recent issue of RHM.


Nancy's daughter Kathryn is also a rug hooker - I haven't seen her for over two years, but she arrived towards the end of our meeting and shared her newest project with us. Crows are a favorite of mine - I have quite a collection of them - so I really like this one.


Myra is SO close to being done with her huge fall runner! Just a little bit of the border remains to be finished. One of my favorite parts about the rug is the lettering on it. She said a friend drew that part out with calligraphy - then she enlarged it and transfered it to the linen.

7 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

They are all beautiful, Gayle. What a fun group that must be!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Hey, the pillow pattern from RHM with the flower basket is just like the rug I'm working on. Such fun to see how another person is hooking it! I really need to make more of an effort to go to guild meetings!
Love all the projects!
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love all the rugs their great!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Love your rug - stunning...and not just for kids! :-)

acorn hollow said...

Love the childs rug not to baby like. and I have a thing for crows and have made several with crows. I saw that other patter in rug hooking I have bee thinking about doing it.
thanks for the pictures
Cathy

Nedra said...

I always love seeing pictures from your Salt Lake group. I love Nancy's rug especially. She just keeps cranking them out, doesn't she?

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I always enjoy looking at all the rugs from your group. They are always so beautiful no matter what the shape, design, or color is.