I got the 'I Spy' quilt all finished today and threw it in the washer & dryer so they could work their magic. I'm pleased with the end result - finished size is about 48" square.
After looking through all the fabrics that I had received in my internet swap, I decided to use only fabrics that had a motif centered in the middle. There were lots of other pieces that had an allover design that I saved - perhaps I'll make another I Spy quilt using a different pattern in the future.
This is the backing fabric I chose - pencils all over the place.
I used a rainbow striped fabric for the binding to bring a bit of color to the outside edge of the quilt.
Can't wait till our little guy is big enough to identify all the different pictures - it'll be so much fun!