Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Update

I'm making good progress on the modern quilt I'm making for DD#2. The top is sewn into two halves - which I had to lay out on the living room floor since it's bigger than my design wall.


And the foundation  papers are ready to be removed - a good thing to do while watching TV in the evening.

I drew my own pattern for the 8" blocks and printed them on inexpensive paper I got from the dollar store.

My rug hooking friend Lauren informed me last week that I had won a secret giveaway on her blog and this beautiful pendant arrived in my mailbox yesterday. The center is filled with a small piece of beautiful vintage wool paisley in my favorite color RED! I look forward to wearing this for a long time Lauren - thank so much!


13 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

You are making great progress on your DD's quilt--great idea to print your own pieces. Congratulations on your win--looks like a great piece to remind you of something happy

Julia said...

Hi Gayle, good job on your modern quilt. I've never used this paper technique but it seems to work perfectly. Your daughter is going to love it.

I got an oval paisley pendant from Lauren a while back too. She's such a dear and generous blogger friend.

Hugs,
JB

Sue SA said...

The colours on your daughters quilt are just lovely and I cannot believe how much you have achieved! Well done!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Quilt is lookin' good.
Hope you enjoy the necklace.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Janet O. said...

Though out of your wheelhouse, the quilt for your daughter is looking really good!
How fun to win a secret giveaway! Looks like something you will enjoy wearing.

Kyle said...

Love the colors on your daughter's quilt. It's a fantastic pattern and despite your hesitation to paper piece and not working with your favorite color schemes you've done an awesome job! Thanks for the info about the paper.

Nancy said...

Your quilt looks fabulous, Gayle. I love the grey background with the colors.

--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Saundra said...

Your daughter will love her quilt and will have an heirloom made by mom. Congratulations on such a great gift from a special woman to another special woman.

audrey said...

Wonderful looking quilt! I admire your patience to work with paper piecing.:)

Yvonne said...

What a wonderful and pretty pendant you won at the give away! So happy for you!
The quilt for DD is amazing! Such great patchwork and lovely colors!

woolwoman said...

really love the quilt top Gayle - I bet your DD will too. Enjoy your weekend - Mel

Shanna said...

I LOVE this quilt! Ahhh..so many points coming together. Paper piecing is the only way to go. Love the background, it looks grey or may it's more taupe? I took a class at Winterquiltfest and the teacher did her model of the quilt we made with a grey background. I fell in love with it! Can't wait to see this amazing quilt finished. Lucky daughter for sure!

Lori said...

I love that quilt! I use that newsprint paper too.
Such a pretty win!!