Friday, February 25, 2011

I've Been Quilting

In a recent issue of AP&Q I saw a quilt that I really, really liked, so I cut fabric to make a reduced size version and got the pieces up on my design wall almost immediately - . However, a few days later I realized that I had made an error when I did the math so I had to start over completely last weekend. I've been working on it for several days now and it's looking good.


However, this project is really labor intensive and now I'm wishing that I'd made it queen sized instead of miniaturized - I'd have more to show for all my work!

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yes, you have been quilting. I think that is the one misconception about miniature quilts. Still a lot of work, just less fabric. Looks wonderful so far.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Indeed you have! The quilt is beautiful! I love your design board.
Courtney

Nedra said...

Guess who is cutting out this very quilt today? Great minds think alike! I'm making mine for my grandson's bed in colors that match his room.

Deb said...

I've wanted to make a quilt like that for a long time. I love how yours is coming out. It really looks great!

Amy McPheeters said...

Colorful, cute, and cozy! Love it!

Raymond Homestead said...

It looks great!

Lori said...

I loved that quilt when I saw it and love your mini version even more!! Keep going, you can do it!!

whitey said...

It is going to be another great one! When did you get a design wall?...so jealous

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I remember when my mom made me oodles of Barbie clothes - she said the same thing! I can't imagine how she stitched the sleeves to the bodies in those teeny things and I am sure those miniature quilts are just as difficult!