Friday, February 11, 2011

Finishing another UFO

Last spring I went to rug camp and took a class from Susan Quicksall. I got quite a bit of my project done in class, but haven't touched it since - nearly seven months!  I pulled it out and started working on it again last week. The pattern is called Crazy Horse, but I had Susan customize the design and substitue flowers for the assorted animals.



And I'm doing this all because of Amy. Amy's Dusty Trail is working on this same design - but a bigger version - and that got me all inspired to pull mine out and get started on it again. She is doing the runner - which makes mine look tiny in comparison. Amy's on vacation right now, but I know she'd love to have you visit her blog to look at her rug and leave a comment.



One of my local friends, Nancy, is hooking a rug slightly reminiscent of these - I guess because of the horse in it - and lots of other motifs. These are such fun rugs to hook because there's so much going on - they never get boring!

11 comments:

Amy McPheeters said...

Hi Gayle! How cool is that to see my rug on your blog!!! I am back from vacation and should have another "Crazy" update tomorrow. I love what you have so far on your "Crazy" - I can't believe you got all that done at camp! Seeing that and seeing how quickly you completed the footstool - I'm thinking you must be a Really
Fast Hooker! Maybe we'll see the finished rug in a few days??? (No pressure ha ha.) Happy Hooking! Amy

Unknown said...

Gayle, I'd be embarrassed if I told you how many UFO's I had! Your project looks fabulous!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your rug is gorgeous, Gayle! I love the colors!

Joanne said...

Gayle - love your rug - you are certainly moving along! Looks like a really fun rug to hook

Deb said...

Oh my goodness, your rug is beautiful Gayle. Love the colors and so happy that that you picked it up again. It's going to be stunning.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Beautiful! I love the flowers and especially the leaves. I have a large rug pattern that is all leaves, so I am always curious as to how people are tackling them. Yours are great.
Courtney

woolwoman said...

Gayle I LOVE your version of Susan's "crazy" design - A friend in our local rug guild did the runner and won best in show at Off the Ocean last year with it. I'm glad you got rejuvenated on it - it is sure a beauty ! Enjoy your weekend - Melody

Rugs and Pugs said...

Gayle ~
Though your rug is not as big as the runner, it is still HUGE in my book. You are doing a wonderful job using such gorgeous colors. Thank you for posting the link to Amy's blog. I enjoyed stopping at her blog and hope to find some time this weekend to read more of it.
Happy hookin' :)
Lauren

Wendie Scott Davis said...

What a great pattern - both ways. And how nice to be able to customize to your taste. The colour palette in yours is wonderful. Can't wait to see t finished.

There must be something about February and finishing - we all seem to be pulling out those uFo's.

Farm Girl said...

Your rugs are just beautiful. I have been looking for places to buy wool so thanks for posting the links. I love the colors you have chosen.

Martha said...

This is going to be so beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished.