Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Working on Tiny!

I recently saw the picture of a churn dash quilt that caught my attention and I decided to replicate it on a tiny scale. These blocks will measure about 1-3/4" when sewn together - talk about fun! I think I'm glad there are only twelve of these little treasures.

I finished my hit & miss mat awhile ago. Need to get something else started so I'll have a project to take to my rug group meetings next month!


A couple weeks ago Nancy was making progress on this flower rug - it's probably completed by now. It kinda reminds me of a poinsettia because of the shape of the petals.

Nancy's daughter Kathryn stopped by to show us a rug she had recently made for her table. It's her own design with words and symbols of personal significance hooked into the background.

Hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving!


18 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Those are tiny!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sue SA said...

Love the tiny churn dash blocks and the overall layout of this quilt pattern, did you see it in a book?

Yvonne said...

Very cute churn dash! I have a bundle here waiting for me to turn it into a churn dash quilt but they will be a lot bigger! 😁
Beautiful rugs you show! Love the Pumpkin!
We do not have Thanksgiving in the Netherlands but I hope you will have a blessed one!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Those are some tiny quilt squares. So cool.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Lauyren

Saundra said...

You're a glutten for punishment working on something that small. It will be wonderful when done but boy what tiny pieces to work with.

acorn hollow said...

tiny is right!
Happy thanksgiving
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Love your tiny quilt! Also love that flower rug..it looks like a poinsettia to me too. Janice

Unknown said...

Tiny is good! It will be so sweet when it's completed.
Happy thanksgiving 🦃.

Janet O. said...

So many great rugs, but you know I am loving those little churn dash blocks!

woolwoman said...

hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving Gayle! Love your tiny quilt squares - so adorable and the rug finish is neat too. enjoy the holiday and maybe some quiet time with your needle - Mel

Karen said...

The churn dash blocks are so cute in the very small size.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Me and My Stitches said...

Absolutely LOVE those cute little churn dash blocks!

Kyle said...

Sending you warm Thanksgiving wishes as you sew with such tiny tiny stitches.

Saimi said...

Such great projects, but man you are a brave soul taking on tiny quilt blocks! Impressive!!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend Gayle

Lori said...

Love those tiny little blocks!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW Those churn dash blocks are tiny and will make a beautiful quilt. Going to have to practice my quilting skills to get blocks that small

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow! You girls are so talented. I can't believe your tiny churn dash blocks! Tiny is hard, if you ask me. I have made that block in a quilt before, but not an entire quilt made up of them. Can't wait to see your finished project!
hugs,
Jann

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

That churn dash is so sweet! I love the layout you have too!