Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pickles Quilt Show

A couple weeks ago I was able to attend a small, outdoor, neighborhood quilt show. This is the second year that it has been held, and I love going to see all the quilts even though they are more cottagy than primitive. The setting is spectacular and it's so fun to see friends there! They drape the quilts over fences and clip them to clotheslines. A row of them greet you on the front porch of the house as you drive up. Joy and her group call themselves the Pickles - I can't remember the title of the book they took their name from, but it's a perfect fit. I think they meet monthly and take turns choosing which project to work on - then each of them make the same pattern using their own choice of fabrics and colors - it's fun to see how they turn out. Fun group! Here are pictures of the day.


















Edited to add: Nedra told me the name of the book I was trying to think of, is the Persian Pickle Club - of COURSE! Now I remember! LOL

6 comments:

Julie said...

How fun!! Where is that? Looks like a great quilt show to go to. Julie

Barb said...

That does look like alot of fun and inspiring.

Karen said...

For a small show, it was done very well. I like the way things were displayed.

Nedra said...

Great idea. Did they get their name from the book "The Persian Pickle Club"?

Tiff said...

Loved all those quilts and what a fun way to spend the day. I wish I could find a group like that around here to be part of.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

That looks like lots of fun! It seemed to be a beautiful day at a beautiful home with lots and lots of beautiful quilts! I like the ones with the darker, jewel tone colors. How delightful!