Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Few More Blocks

I got four more quilt blocks made up from the instructions shared on Cheri's blog. It's kinda nice to take a few minutes and make them up each time she posts a new design.



And I tried to do this basket block after reading Quilt Hollow and watching the Alex Anderson video she shared a link to  - the handle was a little tricky but I think I could get the hang of this after making several more.



Hubby & I have lived in our home for 30 years now, and one of the first things we did as newlyweds was hang grasscloth wallpaper in our kitchen - where it has remained all this time. However - it was looking really sad and we decided it was time to update the whole room, so I spent three entire days last week removing it as best I could. It had to be taken off in three layers - first the fibers that kinda look like burlap - then the paper backing - and finally the glue. Whew! Talk about exhausting! Never again will we have wallpaper in our house - even if it DOES come back in style! Now we need to repair damage done to the wall during the removal, then comes fresh paint.


8 comments:

whitey said...

What you are sewing again?? Hope to see the finished project soon and the kitchen re-do!

Lori said...

I love your red and white blocks! They are the perfect size!!

I agree with you about the wallpaper. There are too many wall treatments now that are way easier to change.

Julie said...

The sewing looks fun, the peeling of wall-paper, not so fun. Wow!! That sounds like it was a lot of work. Have fun re-doing!! Julie

Joanne said...

love your quilt blocks! Ugh I'm with you on the wallpaper - when we moved into our house I spent lots of time tearing off wallpaper and told my husband NEVER EVER let me put any up!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Your quilt squares look great. I love the colors. It's going to be gorgeous when you are done. Is there anything you don't do? LOL!

We have lived in our home for 10 years and inherited three rooms with wallpaper. I want so much to remove it all, but not sure if I would be able to finish it wiht my bad back & knees. UGH! I hate to even think about it.

I know you must be thrilled at your success in the kitchen. Want to come down and do mine for me? LOL!

~Carolyn

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Very cute quilt blocks!

Goodness, that looks like quite a chore you have to look forward to! Best wishes on it, hope it comes off quickly and easily for you!

julieQ said...

LOve your red blocks!!!

Megan said...

What you are sewing again?? Hope to see the finished project soon and the kitchen re-do!