Friday, December 22, 2017

I'm Alive!

I know I've been terrible at blogging lately, but life has just been getting in the way. Everything is fine with me and mine, so let me share some show & tell with you from my last couple rug group meetings....

Last time I saw Sharon, she was working on a set of chair pads and this is one of the designs she was doing. Her work is always so recognizable to me!



Coralee finished this Nativity rug in plenty of time to enjoy for the Christmas holiday.



She was also working on a needle punch project made from a drawing a neighbor girl drew. I think she was going to gift it to her when it was finished.....


Sandy was doing an architectural piece.


Kim is hand quilting this quilt she made from a kit given to her by a friend. Such beautiful work. I was so surprised to learn that she doesn't use a thimble - OUCH!


Leisa put the finishing touches on this ogee design - I think I'll be adding one of these to my 'must do' list some day! The color ideas are endless! Do a Google image search for ogee to see some inspiring photos.


Nancy is nearly finished with the center of this large floral rug she's making. It will have wide borders on all sides inspired by an article in a recent Rug Hooking Magazine.


Yvonne has finished this rug now, but I can't find a photo of the completed rug, so you can get the idea of it with this picture. Such a happy design!


Myra has been doing a lot of stitching on this wool project. Here are the pieces in progress.....


....and here is the finished box. So fun!



The other Nancy knitted these gloves to give to a friend. You might remember that she's written several knitting books and travels the world teaching classes. She's SO talented!




This is a bag that she began hooking in a recent workshop - can't wait to see it all finished.

I'll share my completed project after Christmas so there's no chance of being seen by the recipient and spoiling the surprise.

Merry Christmas All!




11 comments:

Saundra said...

Can't wait to see your works after Christmas. I can only assume that lucky recipient isn't me, har har har. Merry Christmas.

Sylvia said...

So much inspiration! Thank you! I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!

Janet O. said...

Love the Nativity rug--and so many other projects. If I commented on everything I love here, my comment may be longer than your post. :)
Have a Merry Christmas, Gayle!

Rugs and Pugs said...

The other Nancy is so talented. LOVE those gloves.
Good to hear from you.
Merry, merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.
Lauren

Yvonne said...

A blogpost with an overload of talent! I am in Oh and Ah with so many beautiful projects!
The knitting is a true piece of art!
Merry Hristmas Gayle may your days be blessed and a happy new year!

Lori said...

Wow! Such talent and beautiful projects! Merry Christmas!!

Karen said...

It amazes me the variety of projects and designs that can be done in hooked rugs.

Nancy said...

You and your friends are so very talented, Gayle. I love seeing all the projects you're all working on (even though I'm so far behind in my blog reading!).

cocoya said...

Love the Nativity rug--and so many other projects. If I commented on everything I love here, my comment may be longer than your post. :)
กำถั่ว

Unknown said...

hey you are amazing manufacturer of rugs You provides very best items of wool & rugs ,Luxeruggallery is a type of company to supply best carpets & rugs in Denver, Colorado, USA . Luxerugggallery is a most Popular of carpets & rugs Company , his knows about best design & arts give in carpets.
https://luxeruggallery.com

saif carpets said...

Thanks for sharing, I've seen your Blog its very nice about Rugs given most useful information , I visited many rugs website in my life but your rug especially very easy to understand rugs basic. one of the finest Rug Blog I've ever seen im my life.

Saif Carpets Pvt. Ltd. Supply best rugs and carpets in Bhadohi-221401, Uttar pardesh, india. He is the best supplier in his own area.
https://www.saifcarpets.com/