Sunday, November 5, 2017

Hook-In

I attended the Utah Hook-In on Saturday, but sadly, didn't think to take very many photos. A friend snapped this picture of me with the door prize I won - a basket full of yummy wool!

And this is the project I started that day. My sweet DIL said she'd love to have me hook a rug for her, so she looked and looked to find something she liked and decided on a design from West Elm. I will hook MY version of it. It's very modern and definitely out of my comfort zone, which will make it fun to work on. With any luck I can get it finished by Christmas (crossing my fingers!)

Two weeks ago we went with two of our kids and their families to Moab to go off-roading and do a bit of hiking. We had a wonderful time in a beautiful place - people come from all over the world to see our state!



14 comments:

acorn hollow said...

lucky you winning the door prize. Your state looks lovely
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats on winning a door prize. You look wonderful.
I fell in love with Utah last year. Hopefully I can return one of these days.
Happy hooking :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful prize to win, I know you will have fun working with that.
Sometimes it is fun to hook something out of our comfort zone, especially for gifts.

Debbie

Janet O. said...

What a cute photo of you, Gayle! And that is a yummy looking basket of wool! How lucky for you.
Really curious to see the outcome of the project for your DIL.
I haven't been to Moab and the surrounding area in years, but have many good memories of hiking there with the family. It is a very unique place.

Yvonne said...

Great picture Gayle, you seem to get younger every time I see you!
Curious what you are going to make for your DIL.
Isn't Moab awsome? I hate the crowds but the surroundings are so amazing! Your state has it all! Just 💓 It!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Such a cute pic of you! That's some haul...lovely wool!
Robyn

Prims By The Water said...

Congrats on your prize! Keep us posted on DIL rug progress. Janice

Kyle said...

You look so cute with your basket of woolie treats! It will be fun to see your interpretation of a modern wool piece. I've not made it the canyon area of Utah, but it's definitely on my list.

woolwoman said...

beautiful photo of you Gayle! I've always wanted to see Utah - one day maybe......
enjoy the holiday season and your new rug project - Mel

UplayOnline said...

I know you will have fun working with that.


เย็ดสาว

Sylvia said...

Congratulations on winning all the wool! I went to the Denver Hook-In with my friend Debra and I was overwhelmed with how amazing it was. I'd never seen so many wonderful vendors in one place! I'm still looking forward to coming to Utah!

Saundra said...

Lucky you to win the door prize with wool goodness. Thankfully after 3 years in a row hooking Christmas gifts this year will be for ME.

Janine said...

I'm looking forward to the day I can visit your state! My son and DIL are at Arches right now. Your DIL will be getting a wonderful gift!

Unknown said...

A lot of inspiration there. Love your latest geometric. Happy holidays to you!