Thursday, November 19, 2015

Woot, Woot!

I have finished the large geometric rug that I've been working on for the last several months - sure does feel good!

The finished size of this is 34" x 56" - I would describe it as 'controlled scrappy'.


For now I have it on the floor just inside my front door. It's kinda slippery on the tile there, so I think I'll have to get some of that non-skid rubber stuff to put underneath it.

And, there's icing on the cake! Saturday was the Utah Hook-In, and my rug received a 3rd place win in the viewers choice - I wasn't expecting that at all! I received this adorable little pillow as a prize for that and it instantly became one of my favorite treasures!

The Guild had a fun Make & Take project - we each got to choose beads and assemble a scissor fob. This is what I came up with - very fun.

I have finished my little Tucker quilt from Pam Buda's SAL  and I was pleased to find that it fits the rung perfectly on this little ladder that I bought awhile ago at the thrift store - makes for a fun display.

I wrote a post for the Utah Rug & Fiber Guild blog where you can see pictures from our recent hook in HERE.

21 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your rug is beautiful and definitely deserved that adorable prize--I love it with your little red table!

Laurel said...

The rug is beautiful!

Julia said...

I love your beautiful rug. It looks perfect on that floor. Congratulations on winning 3rd place. What a lovely prize.
Hugs,
JB

Janet O. said...

Gorgeous rug, Gayle! What a beautiful thing to greet you as you walk in the front door.
Congrats on your win at the Hook-In! And also on your win over at Cathy's blog. : )
Your Tucker turned out perfect for that great little ladder. Looks like they were made for each other.
Heading over to read your post for the Rug & Fiber Guild.

Cammie said...

Love the rug!!! WOW

audrey said...

Your rug is gorgeous! So deserving of a viewers choice ribbon.:)

Saundra said...

I would say your 'controlled scrappy' rug was delightful. Congratulations on your 3rd place win.

em's scrapbag said...

Your rug is stunning. Congrats on winning!

Sue SA said...

Your rug is just lovely, great pattern and colours are perfect, well done on your win, it was well deserved. That is the cutest little ladder ever, perfect for a sweet mini!

Nancy said...

Your rug is beautiful, Gayle! (Too beautiful to place on the floor and be walked upon in my opinion, anyway.) It's well-deserving of a win, and what a sweet prize.

WoolenSails said...

Your rug is gorgeous and I love your colors.

Debbie

Kyle said...

Your rug is absolutely beautiful. I don't think I could bare to have anyone step on it. Glad your fellow hookers enjoyed your piece and your prize is super cute.

Unknown said...

Very nice and helpful information has been given in this article. I like the way you explain the things. Keep posting. Thanks..
suzani embroidery

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful rug!!!You are super kind to allow your beautiful rug to be walked on! Nice scissors fob

Lori said...

Congrats on finishing your beautiful rug and getting 3rd place!! it looks great in your entry way.

Rugs and Pugs said...

That is one BIG rug. I've yet to hook something that large.
Congrats on a beautiful finish.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Gayle Bong said...

Beautiful rug. I can't believe you'd put that gorgeous thing on the floor! It would be ruined in no time here. I would display it on my table.

Monica said...

Congratulations, Gayle! Your rug is really beautiful -- I love both the shapes and the colours!

Wendie Scott Davis said...

you have been so productive! love the "controlled scrappy" rug and I am with you in putting it on the floor. and the smaller pieces are also wonderful, though they do take a back seat to that fabulous mat. going to read the article now.

Charlotte said...


I love your rug - looks beautiful in the entryway. I can understand why you won "Viewer's Choice".

Happy Thanksgiving,
Charlotte

Mugwump Woolies said...

WOW! Congrats! Beautiful rug...and a wonderful entrance!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Robyn