I could have added a piece of wood to cover the opening- cut to size and stained to match.
But I decided to hook a little rug for the top. The hooking has been done for months, and my mom helped me put it all together while she was here last week. Those two extra hands were very helpful.
The wood was a little worn, so I sanded it lightly and brushed fresh stain on it - very pleased with the way it turned out.
I made another heart quilt for Valentine's Day, but didn't get it finished till today. So now it'll be ready for NEXT year! It's kind stiff cuz it's heavily quilted. I'd like to soften it up by washing it, but I'm kinda nervous about the red bleeding. Not sure what to do.
My grandson's birthday quilt is all finished. We'll be taking it to him next Saturday.
The back is kind of fun with his name appliqued on there - and I embroidered my name and a message on the letter 'O'.
I was very lucky that a friend let me use her longarm machine to quilt this on. It was a lot of fun and only took me about three hours from start to finish.
I received a Quick Curve Ruler for Christmas, and although I won't be able to make a quilt with it for quite awhile, I wanted to stitch up one block just for fun so I could see what it's like. The gal who designed this is here in Utah and most of the quilts made using her method are Modern Quilts, but I think it's going to work just fine in my dark & dirty scrappy style. Her company is Sew Kind of Wonderful.