One day at the Sharon Smith Workshop last month, we were each given a kit to make a wool sunflower mounted on a rusty old bed spring. I got mine made recently and it turned out nice - although a bit different than the sample we were shown.
I've displayed it with another sunflower I made several years ago - I think it was a pattern in Create & Decorate magazine.
When I pulled this one out I was surprised to see that I had quilted word 'SUNFLOWER' into the border. My name is at the bottom too, but I sure wish I'd included the year I made it in there - I'm so terrible at making labels!
This one with a cheery checkerboard border is small and easy to tuck into a display.
Hope sunflowers grow where you live and that you enjoy them too!