Last week Lori - who blogs at Humble Quilts - showed a sweet vintage doll quilt that she wanted to reproduce, so she planned to post instructions on how to do it. The first section was posted this morning. But last week when she mentioned that the finished size of the quilt was 12" square, I quickly did the math and pulled fabrics from my stash - got it pieced on Saturday - and on Sunday I quilted it by machine and stitched on the binding. DONE! I really had to chuckle while I worked on this because I auditioned many, many different pieces of fabric to find just the right ones and I realized that the lady who made the original years and years ago probably had very little choice for her fabric selection. How times have changed, huh? Anyway, here is my version of Lori's little quilt she calls Abundance - - - -
I can't seem to post a picture of the original quilt, or her new reproduction, so you'll have to visit her blog to view them here. Fun project! I used a cotton batting, but now that it's done I wish I had used a piece of white flannel for the batting instead to make it more flimsy. Oh well.
Over the weekend I also completed the newest 4" block from Pam Burda's stitch along.
I have been seeing this version of a tumbler quilt on Pinterest and on other quilt blogs. I guess there is a special template you can buy to make it, but I tried my Dresden Plate template and it worked perfectly.
It's a fun little quilt too! It's all sandwiched and pin basted, and I decided how to quilt it while I was sleeping last night, so hopefully I can get it finished soon.