As I was cutting fabric for some of the blocks, I glanced off to the side of my cutting mat and was astonished to see a small note pad that I've had for ages sitting there - printed with an alphabet quilt! Too funny!
Some of the blocks have been pieced the same way I did mine, and some are different.
And then, I grabbed my tyvek bag recently and realized that it is covered with the alphabet too! I bought this bag years ago on a trip to Little Rock, Arkansas and use it to tote books to and from the library where I hang out at least once a week.
I just thought it was funny how I started seeing alphabets all over the place when I started working on this quilt!
And I've got all my tiny hexagon diamonds sewn together. Instead of joining them with another row of hexagons - which is the traditional way - I just appliqued them to a background fabric and spaced them so it looked like there was another row in there.
Here's the stitching from the back - - - -
And after the back is removed from behind the hexagons and the foundation paper gone - - -
Still trying to decide on borders for this one too. A couple of the diamonds are slightly askew, but it's good enough for me. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing any rug hooking - just not enough time to do everything I want to!