Thursday, July 12, 2012

Friends

Kathy & I met at a quilt guild nearly twenty years ago. Her birthday was on Saturday. Yesterday I stopped by her house to deliver a late birthday present. She has a beautiful yard, with lots of fun & quirky 'furnishings', so I made her a dragonfly to hang on the fence - painted it bright lime green & turquoise. I think she really liked it. I asked her to send me some pictures when she figures out where it will go exactly and I'll share those pictures when I get them.


Jayme used to live on the corner of my culdesac years and years ago - we were good friends and our kids were good friends. Then they moved - her kids went to a different school - she started working - and we didn't see each other much. Fortunately, she found me on Facebook about a year ago and we've been able to reconnect and catch up on things. One day about two months ago when we went to lunch together, I took her to a quilt store and convinced her to giving quilting a try. She has a granddaughter and decided to make a quilt for her. Now her first project is finished and I think she's hooked - I knew she'd be a natural - and I was right. This is the cute owl themed quilt she made.


Nancy and I have been hooking friends for maybe ten years. She has finished her brightly colored rug. I think she calls this her 'True Religion' rug - because it was inspired by the artwork on a tote bag that she got for free when she bought a bottle of True Religion perfume at Macy's. It's so fun and whimsical - yes?


And now she's working on an Americana rug that she designed herself. 

Friends make life's experience so much sweeter - and I'm thankful for mine.......

7 comments:

annie said...

very artistic! each piece!

Amy McPheeters said...

What fun! I am constantly inspired by my friends and their creativity. Your dragonfly is wonderful!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Gayle ~
How nice to have such talented friends!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Janet O. said...

I love that dragonfly! Did you make it from a piano bench leg?
Your friends made a great "first quilt". You called that one!
The rugs are both very pretty. She has quite a talent!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

LOVE your dragonfly! And the true religion rug is really creative!

Shakerwood said...

What a great group of friends you have!

Mimi Sue said...

What would we do without our friends? Loved that dragonfly. Show us how you made it. Mimi