Saturday, June 11, 2011

Yay For Yard Sales!

Good shopping today! My favorite bargain was this collection of punch needle supplies that included a Cameo needle with all three sizes of needles, plus two needle threaders, plus a sunflower pattern, plus the kit to make it - all for a total price of $.75! Can you believe that? WooHoo!


At a church rummage sale I found this little flying geese quilt - already quilted for just $2.00. I think I'll turn it into a pillow.


Someone did a really nice job on this little stitchery - it was $1.


I got this little vintage metal funeral basket for $.25. There's one listed at this site for $74, so I think it was a good deal, yes? (BTW - has anyone ever heard of this auction site before?)


A little metal stool on wheels that will look cute with a pot of flowers plopped on top. ($1)



And this metal floral display stand - I'll need to find some pots to fit in the openings and plant something that will trail down and look pretty - maybe give it a fresh coat of paint.


Summer is NOT my favorite season - because of the heat - and the bugs - and the road construction that I always have to deal with - but yard sales are one thing that I DO enjoy about this time of the year!

19 comments:

LiahonaGirl said...

Wow! Great success. I never find great stuff at yard sales or at DI -- but I'm not a regular. My sister always scores great stuff because she goes all the time.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

GREAT Finds, Gayle! I love the metal table and the pot stand. you could just put moss in the baskets and forgo the post altogether. It would look great!
Awesome punchneedle find, too!

krayolakris said...

Wow, great finds!! Thanks for sharing!

The Wool Cupboard said...

I'm jealous, Gayle!! I rarely find great things at garage sales...lucky you. :0)

The Wool Cupboard

Wendy said...

Holy Cow Girl! you found some awesome bargins....you hit the jackpot on everything.

Barb said...

You did good.....that is what I call a fun day!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

You had some great luck, huh? I love all of them. I like interesting plant stands and pots. They're fun in the garden.
Stay cool!
Courtney

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow - you found some treasures! I should hit more yard sales - but that would mean I have to leave my house!

Joanne said...

Wow you found some great stuff - way to go!

Lori said...

You scored!! I have to get out to some yard sales this spring and summer. I never seem to find too many goodies though.

Deb said...

Those are some fantastic finds!! I think that I love everything that you picked up!! I wish our yard sales were like that.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Gayle ~
WOW! What bargains, especially that Cameo needle. I have absolutely no luck at yard sales :(
Hugs :)
Lauren

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok - I want to go yard-saling with you! All I seem to find is baby clothes and toys (and, no - not cool old toys either!) That punch needle stuff is an absolute steal!! And love the funeral basket!! Nope - never heard of that site. (But your basket looks almost identical to that one...wow!!) Can you say SCORE?!!! Have a happy Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Serendipity said...

Fun finds! I love the little table on wheels...perfect!

jennifer768 said...

Wow you really found some cool things ! Jen

Primsue said...

Great finds - I love the plant stand! Sounds like you had a good day.

Blessings,
Sue

Debra Lloyd said...

Wow--you had a very productive day. Love the plant stand. You will have to show us what it looks like once you get flowers in it.

Tolentreasures said...

I want to yard sale where you do, only earlier! Great finds!

Cathy

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Woo Hoo! Great finds at great prices! I'm with you girl... I don't like heat, but I do love me some garage sales.