Friday, November 12, 2010

Wooly Goodness

Sometimes I just want to sit down and make a  project and have immediate results - that was the case yesterday when I stitched up this little wool pincushion similar to one I saw at the quilt store. Easy peasy!



I recently watched a new episode of Sewing With Nancy and she had two gals on there who have a business selling scarves that they make out of recycled wool sweaters - the polka dots make me smile and the colors are just yummy! Their home parties sound like fun evenings! I even like the name of their business: Go Dotty Go!


They also have fingerless gloves using the same ideas.....



10 comments:

Charlotte said...

Way cute! I would totally wear those.

Lori said...

What a sweet little pincushion!!
Dots sure are all the rage...so fun!! Love the gloves especially.

Karen said...

Great way to recycle sweaters. I never would have thought of the idea.

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

I saw that episode as well. Pincushions are hot these days as I'm stitching up a few myself. Love your flowers! :)

acorn hollow said...

I have a neighbor who is doing this and also recycled sweater purses. She sells them and does quite well.
Cathy

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Very fun! No quilter can have enough pin cushions! Yours is adorable and thank you for sharing.

Carolyn :)

Susan said...

Well, hello, Gayle. I'm happy you jumped in on the CluckleBees Giveaway. You have yourself quite a sweet little blog here. I love the projects you've done and are working on. Such lovely and fun work.

The pincushion, sweater and the fingerless gloves are just too cute. I love them all.

I hope you have yourself a very blessed night,
Susan @ CluckleBees

Ann said...

Gayle, I've been browsing your blog and drooling over all the rug hooking. I've made a few rug hooked pieces, but am a little daunted by the whole design/color selection process. I saw your first 4 blocks of soots and ashes - very nice. I can't wait to see everyone's choices as they are finished up. I hope to get all my wool on during this next week. ~Ann

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Gayle, LOVE those bags you made! So clever!! I'll email you in a bit about the table!!
Have a great evening!

thanida said...

Thanks for this and all the best. Keep it up,I will definitely implement it on my life. I need your more suggestions.
จีคลับ