Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hooray - I'm Back!

I made it to one of my monthly rug hooking meetings today and actually pulled a few loops! My arm & shoulder seem to have healed up enough to manage this a little bit and it sure did feel good! The physical therapist I've been going to has worked wonders and I'm so happy! Anyway, we had only a few gals there today, but the conversation was great - the food was yummy - and the show & tell was awesome! Here are pictures of what people were working on:

Marliss is hooking a fall-themed rug which was a free design she found on Bird In The Hand Primitives' website. That yummy golden yellow background is so pretty! It's the first time she's ever hooked lettering and she did a great job on it!




And here is another pumpkin rug that she's got half finished - we all urged her to get it done so she could enjoy it for the fall season. I love that she used so many different colors to hook the pumpkin. I really like this one because I'm partial to pumpkins & crows together.



Jeanette is almost done with a darling sheep rug - the red wool she used for the house automatically hooks up to look like bricks - just wonderful!



Tonia is on the home stretch of hooking a great floral - she just has mostly background left to do and doesn't plan on adding a border.



And Sandy has made huge progress on this fun Halloween rug - it's big & round and she's hooking it with a #10 cut wool - such a great design. Probaby measures 36" across.



I worked on a lighthouse rug that I'm hooking for someone else. I need to get started on the background soon so I don't have to do it all at the end of the project cuz that gets kinda boring to me. This was a design in a recent issue of Create & Decorate magazine.


We recently organized a guild called the Utah Rug & Fiber Arts and we have a meeting on Saturday that I'm looking forward to attending. There will be a make & take project, and we'll have a hands-on color theory class that I know will be SO helpful in planning rugs in the future.

13 comments:

Cathy G. said...

Welcome back Gayle!
Love all of these rugs! They are doing such good work color planning and hooking! I hope your arm stays strong and healed so you can continue to hook as it sounds like you have many many projects to work on!
Have fun and remember to snap a few photos for us along the way!
Cathy G

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful rugs! These are and will be wonderful treasures. Thank you for sharing. Carolyn :)

Kim said...

Welcome back. All these rugs are beautiful. Love the multi-colored pumpkin.
Thanks for sharing.

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

Gorgeous rugs, Gayle. Thanks for sharing with us.

Take care of that arm, girlfriend.

Teresa

Rugs and Pugs said...

Gayle ~
A big welcome back to you. Don't overdo it!
Thanks for sharing the rugs. I really enjoy seeing all of them.
Have fun with the new guild.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Sharlene Washington said...

I ran across the guild blog yesterday. I was excited to see it as I grew up in Utah (Brigham City actually) and I attended a rug camp there in Heber City a couple of years ago. Does your guild host any camps or workshops?

Deb said...

Fabulous rugs Gayle, what a talented bunch! Glad to hear your arm & shoulder are doing better, take it slow so you don't re-injure yourself. Thanks for sharing your great pictures. Deb

whitey said...

Glad to see you are on the mend!

Lori said...

I love hooked rugs and every one of these is terrific!!

Cindy Surber said...

Gayle Thank you so much for the kind words on my blog. I love your rugs.
So glad to be able to connect again.
Cindy

Mimi Sue said...

They are all adorable. Glad you're feeling better. Mimi

Unknown said...

Despite having fractured arm and shoulders, you still manage to create a wonderful piece of art. That's really something, Gayle! With that strength, I suppose you can still do a self-carpet cleaning! Boulder congratulates you with your unconventional skill. High five Gayle!

thanida said...

My friend recommended this blog and he was totally right keep up the good work
bk8