Thursday, March 18, 2010

Two Rugs

Eileen has been working on this Emma Lou designed rug for awhile and is now approaching the finish line. I love that she's incorporated some wool roving into the fall colored trees, and also used some for the smoke coming out of the chimney. She's the most knowledgable person I know about all things wool - she spins and knits as well as hooks - so much talent in one person - and always willing to share and help in any way she can!



This is Tonia's newest project - love the colors in this rooster - the teal and turquoise just pop against the others.




9 comments:

The Wool Cupboard said...

Gayle ~ Fabulous rugs! Thank you for sharing.

Kaaren said...

Every time I see a hooked tug my heart beats just a little bit faster. Seeing two in this post has me feeling light headed, Gayle.

I just love them! Thanks for sharing!

whitey said...

love the colors in that rooster!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Awesome, beautiful rugs!

Deb said...

Both of them are wonderful. Really like the colors in the rooster!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Gayle ~
Thank you for sharing. They are both wonderful but I especially love the pictoral.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Raymond Homestead said...

Like them both!

Nicole said...

Someday I need to learn this incredible art. That penny rug below is incredible. Thanks so much for entering my give away and good luck!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love that rooster! Do you know who the designer is?