Tuesday, January 5, 2010

String

Sharon is such a talented person. She makes lacy clothing for rocks - can you imagine? They're the coolest things ever. Here is a bowl full of some she's made - they sit on the coffee table in her living room.

And this is one she made and gave to me as a 'just because' gift a couple months ago. I love it! It lives on the side table next to my bed and I adore it.


The contrast between the light colored thread and the dark rocks is so striking. Thank you Sharon! I don't really know what to call these - perhaps those reading this entry can make suggestions?

8 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Gayle ~
How cool is that? One step further than the pet rock! Oh. I'm showing my age {{grin}}.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Oh Dear God, my eyes!! I could never do that. But I soooo admire it, and the person who made it! It's lovely. What a friend!

Cathy G. said...

They look wonderful in that old wooden bowl don't they! I admire the talent of those crochet artists! Wish I knew how to do that! Maybe something for a future hobby! Cathy G

Nedra said...

wow, those are very unique. Beautiful too!

Kim said...

Wow, those are so creative and quaint. They make me think of little prayer shawls for stones or little dream catchers, so my suggestions are "prayer stones" or "dream catchers".

Deb said...

Those are so cool. I can crochet, but wouldn't even know about trying to make those. I love them!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

How fun are those?! Back in the day before we got air conditioning in the buildings I work in, people used to get rocks (bigger than this though), and have them painted by a very talented guy in our organization. We used them to hold down papers from the blowing fans - no fun! These would have been so much better!

Mimi Sue said...

How about rock cozies? Like tea cozies only, well you get it. Mimi