Monday, November 23, 2009

Dyeing today

I recently acquired a ball of wool fabric that had been cut and prepared for rug braiding.

Since I don't braid I decided to use it in one of my hooked rugs, but the color was such a bright blue that I decided it need a little help. I dashed off a quick email to Gene Shepherd asking his advice on what to do with it and he kindly offered some suggestions. I followed his instructions this morning and ended up with wool that is much more interesting.

I don't know WHAT exactly I'll end up using it for, but I sure like it a lot better now! Thanks for your help Gene! One of my favorite things about the blogging world is that it makes "Rich and Famous" people accessible to everyday folks like me.

All pressed and pretty......


Add Video

7 comments:

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Interesting the way it came out...
Maybe, one of these days I will
learn to become a hooker! ha..ha!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Debra Lloyd said...

Isn't it great how you can take a not-so-pretty piece of wool and turn it into something wonderful. I really like how it all turned out!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

So, you've "dyed" and gone to heaven?
Sorry, dumb joke, but I couldn't resist!....like the kids always said.... You started it.....LOL


I also like the way it turned out! Very pretty!

Happy Thanksgiving Gayle!
Enjoy your day.
Mercy

Mimi Sue said...

That is so true. I love that about blogging. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Mimi

Aunt Polly's Attic said...

I love how that blue turned out, Gayle!!!! Happy hooking!!!

Teresa

Jen Manuell said...

It looks beautiful! Dyeing wool is so much fun - I think I enjoy it as much (if not more) than the hooking....

Boggy Creek Stitches & Loops said...

Wow! I love the new color! I love to dye ~ I never know what I'll come up with, lol!