Sunday, October 8, 2017

1st Tuesday Rug Group

Last week I attended one of my monthly rug meetings and enjoyed visiting with all my friends there. Lots of beautiful rugs to see! First up is one that Kim recently finished a floral with birds and an urn.

And this is what she's working on now. Our guild recently had a workshop on how to hook a rug and attach it to a small footstool. This is how she will be using this.

Sandy is the one who designed this floral. She had the entire thing hooked but ran in to a glitch and is now pulling out the wool to rehook on a new piece of foundation exactly the same way.

Marliss is nearly finished with this pumpkin that she plans to give to a friend.

Coralee is working on a stained glass image that should be ready for Christmas.

Sharon was finishing the edge of this penny-style rug.

Victoria is nearly done with a memory rug depicting a silhouette of her & her sister sitting on a swing watching the fireworks as children. The border will be hooked to look like a wooden picture frame.

She's using wonderful shinny metallic fibers that capture the sparkle of the fireworks perfectly!

I'm nearly finished with my most recent rug so I'll share a picture of it when I'm done in a few days.

6 comments:

annie said...

Those are all amazing projects!
I love your sharing!
Have a great week!

acorn hollow said...

great pieces
cathy

Wendy Caton Reed said...

THese are all lovely. I cannot imagine "unhooking". It must have been a big glitch!

Kyle said...

Your group is so creative. Each rug is unique and beautifully done. I can't wait to see yours.

Yvonne said...

Such wonderful projects! You are all such talented!

Yvonne said...

I mean so talented....... foreign languages.....😰