Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Camera Woes

I have two small, inexpensive digital cameras that I've been using for years when I blog. What are the chances that both of them would decide to quit at exactly the same time? Argh! I know some people can blog from their phones, and since that's the only camera I have right now I thought I'd give it a try on this short post.

I recently made a wooden barn quilt and attached it to the front of the house above the garage door.

It measures 36" square and was pretty simple to make. I used a tutorial I found on the blog of a local gal who makes these and sells them at fairs & boutiques - she also teaches classes at quilt shops all over the country. Her tutorial can be found HERE.

....and it looks like that's all I can post because the rest of the photos I was going to share are all sideways and I can't figure out how to rotate them. If any of you have experience with this and would be willing to share, I'd LOVE to hear from you!

I'm heading to California tomorrow to visit family, and I purposefully timed my trip so I could attend an outdoor quilt show I've heard about for several years now. It's held at the Alden Lane Nursery in Livermore. There are also classes offered, but I will just see the quilt show since I'll have extra people with me who aren't in to quilting as much as I am. I'm hoping it will be a great visit!


11 comments:

Barb said...

enjoy your trip..

Nancy said...

It's so disappointing when a well-loved camera dies! And to have it happen with two at the same time is awful. I hope you can get them repaired, if that's what you want. It may just be my computer but the photo in this post shows an empty box, though I'm sure your barn door quilt looks great. (I'll have another look later to see if it's just my computer.) I hope you enjoy your visit with your family.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I am a firm believe in Murphy's law "if if can go wrong it will and at the worst time." Enjoy your trip

Ann said...

I've always wanted to see the Alden Lane show but we attend baseball that weekend. What are the chances they always have a home game? You will have fun; I believe Edyta Sitar is the featured quilter.
On my phone, I can bring up a photo and then edit it. One of the features is rotation (counter clockwise in 90 degree increments.) Does yours have that?
You might speak with Janie at Crazy Victoriana (link on my sidebar.) She's been posting while travelling so might have some pointers for you. Good luck.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I couldn't get the picture to show up either :( Blogging on my phone is always a nightmare. I don't know how people do it so successfully.
Safe travels.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Yvonne said...

No picture here too....
But I hope you will have a wonderful time in California! Looking forward to the pictures!

Me and My Stitches said...

I have an iphone and the pictures I take with it go to my computer - so they are all right there ready to use. And it takes really good pictures. Before that - I would take pictures with my Android phone, then email them to myself and save them to my computer that way. Then it was easy to download them to my blog. Hope you can get it all working soon! Have a great trip!

Lori said...

Have a fun trip. I'm using an old app and can only put photos on- no words. There should be an easier way.

Kyle said...

Sorry about your cameras. Wouldn't you know. Have fun in California. Can't wait to hear about the quilt show. It always looks so fun and lovely.

Karen said...

I recently had to replace my camera. And learn how to operate the new one. I had a time trying to figure out how to download onto the computer with the new one. So simple in the end but finding the hole to stick the cable in took ages. It is covered by a little rubber thing that lifts on one end. To me, the black rubber just looked like part of the camera side and I had no idea you could lift it.
By the way, I see no picture on your blog post.

UplayOnline said...

I don't know how people do it so successfully.


เย็ดสาว