Thursday, September 12, 2013

One Thing Leads to Another

I have finished appliqueing the colored wool leaves onto my Kim Diehl quilt - now it's layered and pin basted and waiting to be machine quilted. 


I had a few of the wool leaves leftover and started playing with them - found out that they make a nice design all by themselves. So I cut out a few more and started stitching them down onto another piece of wool - this will make a small table topper eventally.




Just finished this book about four sisters of a certain age - enjoyed it!

13 comments:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Mmmm, I love that Kim Deihl Quilt and also that little Orange Peel you've started. That's how I began In The Orange Grove, with the simple Orange Peel set up. So simple.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annie said...

it's wonderful ,love those colors and leaves. hope you show the topper when you get to it, it looks very appealing even though the pieces are quite simple!

Janet O. said...

Great quilt, Gayle! I love that you are doing the leaves in wool.
And that little topper--love it!

Karen said...

A bonus design that is going to turn into something unique. Play time is turning into something good.

audrey said...

Great leftovers quilt! Sometimes they're more fun than the original, although your original is pretty sweet.:)

Anna e Catia said...

Your Kim Deihl Quilt is fantastic!
I love the colors you choose. BRAVA!!!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Love what you are doing with the wooly good leaves !
Rose

Cheryl said...

I love the secondary design!! And thanks for the book recommendation.

Me and My Stitches said...

I love all of Kim Diehl's designs, and you did a great job with this one! Also love what you are doing with the leftovers - it's a great little bonus!

Kindred Quilts said...

What's not to love about a Kim Deihl design! Great use of the leftover peels... how clever of you!

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Nice quilt and the table topper will be lovely too!

Yvonne said...

Beautiful top and I like what you are doing with the leaves. It will make a cute autumn table runner!