I added two rows of proddy fringe in the 1/2" seam allowance - for the back row I used all brown fabric, and on the front row I alternated between brown, blue and red.
I do like the way it turned out, but it sure did use a LOT of my wool fabric! I think I used more fabric for the fringe than I did to do the actual hooking! Can't imagine how much would be used if an entire rug was prodded! I don't think I'll do this finish very often just because of that reason. Oh, and one more piece of information - I tried to use my rug hook to bring the fringe through the linen backing, but it kept pulling the white polyfil out - so I ended up using a hemostat instead and it worked wonderfully!
Another project I recently finished was turning all my little hooked pieces into tiny pillows.
Here they are displayed on my coffee table in an old sifter.
The Utah Hook-In was held over the weekend. I write the blog for the Guild, so if you would like to see some of the rugs that were on display there, you can check it out here.