Thursday, April 26, 2012

Still Working On Them

I'm still working on both my hooked rug and my Kim Diehl quilt. This is what I've gotten done so far. I hadn't really planned on this rug being so bright, but that's the way it's turning out! LOL Maybe someone can help me decide whether to make the flowers in each corner the same red color - or should I mix it up and use something else? Suggestions are welcome.


And these four blocks are the corners of the border for my quilt.




We were supposed to go away for a long weekend again - hubby had a conference to attend and planned to tag along and entertain myself while he was in meetings - but he ended up sick for a couple days and we had to cancel. Dang!

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

That's a beautiful rug, Gayle. If you don't want it to seem so bright then you could vary the corner colors. I think I like the bright red. : )
I really like your corner blocks (this post is all about corners). : )

Rugs and Pugs said...

Gayle ~
Hope hubby is feeling better!
Lovin' the rug and quilt blocks!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

I'm sorry that your trip was cancelled, I hope that your hubby is feeling better today.

Your cute little rug is just sizzling with personality. I'm not great visualizing how it will look in my head and usually will use some color markers on the paper pattern to see what it will look like. Good luck with this.

I love those corner blocks.

Have a great weekend. JB

Lori said...

I hope your hubby is feeling better.
Lovely hooked rug and blocks!!!

Nedra said...

I like the bright! Hope everyone is feeling better soon.