Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summertime Hooking

Here are some rugs that I snapped pictures of this summer at our various local meetings.

But first, I must show you this darling fruit salad that Jeanette brought in July - she made a watermelon basket and the presentation was just adorable. I can't imagine how much work it was to do this! The fruit was delish too!


This is an Americana rug that Jeanette is working on right now - a design by Polly Minick.


Tonia is working on a Karen Kahle design.


Kaye is busy with a rug that has a lot of personal meaning for her - it includes a poem and information about some of her pioneer ancestors. Her husband is an artist and he always draws her designs for her.


Marilyn is a quilter as well as a rug hooker and got started on this traditional quilt block last month - I wonder if it's done yet?


And here is another of Marilyn's rugs - I love the BLUE sheep - very whimsical!


This is Sharon's crazy bird - he has such personality!


Marliss pulled her last loop on this rug at our meeting today. I love the colors she used for it. She was telling us about her recent visit to Anaheim and how she got to shop at Gene Shepherd's studio - she showed us the yummy wools that she bought while she was there. Lucky girl!


Kim is busily working on her second rug - a great vase of sunflowers.

12 comments:

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I'm always amazed at rug hooking because I seriously don't know if I could do it or not but oh my goodness... Kaye's piece is amazing! How neat that her husband draws her designs and it can be so personal for her family! These are all beautiful pieces!

Nedra said...

Nice Show and Tell. I miss being part of the rug hooking groups of Northern Utah.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Those are some gorgeous kind of rugs...but I have to say, I'm smitten with Kaye's also - what a wonderful tribute and keepsake. Wowsers...thanks so much for sharing these!! Hope the day was good to you...Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Trace4J said...

Just love seeing all the rugs. They are so beautiful.
Loved seeing all the stages.
And the beautiful yummy fruit salad.OH MY!
Thanks for sharing
Blessings Trace
www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Rugs and Pugs said...

Gayle ~
What great rugs from such a talented bunch. Thanks for sharing!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Everyone does such beautiful hooking! I just love all of these rugs! What a job of mastery that rug of Kaye's is! Thanks for sharing these rugs!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Loved the display of the fruit. Sweet.. in so many ways ;).
Thanks for sharing the photos of the rugs. Every one is so different. Great job by them all. Love that bird!

annie said...

These are just fabulous! I love the colors! Thanks for sharing!

Joanne said...

Wow great rugs - thanks for sharing! So what are you working on! That fruit bowl is cool!

The Wool Cupboard said...

Thanks, Gayle, for sharing rug pictures from your very talented group! All the rugs were great, but I LOVED the crazy bird and Kaye's keepsake rug.

The fruit salad looked tasty and beautiful! Linda

Cammie said...

Gayle, thanks for sharing the pictures of rugs, I can never look at too many of them!!

jennifer768 said...

Loved seeing all those beautiful rugs! The fruit salad is beautiful and looks yummy! Hugs,Jen