Thursday, April 28, 2011

All Caught Up

Dawn Heese, of Linen Closet Quilts, started a free monthly quilt project quite awhile ago she calls Folk Art Tribute. I stitched up the first block very quickly when she posted it on her blog. After that, I printed out the pattern each month and cut out the applique pieces, but rarely had time to stitch things together. That changed this week because I made the time to get things done. There is one remaining block that she will be sharing, and when that's finished I'll get the blocks all sewn together and quilted. It's a fun project using some classic motifs.

13 comments:

Amy McPheeters said...

That is really cool! Isn't it amazing what can happen when you "make the time"! The last block must go all the way across the top? like the bottom one?

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Lots of cool things in these blocks. I'm glad you made the time! It's a really great piece!
Courtney

Lori said...

I like your blocks a lot! It is going to be a wonderful quilt.

Raymond Homestead said...

Very nice! You've done a great job so far!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Gorgeous, Gayle!! I'm especially loving that long block on the bottom with the pineapple. Some day I'm gonna quilt. (Really...) :o) Smiles & Hugs, Robin

Cammie said...

Love it Gayle!!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Karen said...

Good for you! You will have a finished top very soon.

Mimi Sue said...

It's already adorable! Congrats on the piece in the magazine. Mimi

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

That is turning out beautifully! I love the different backgrounds and the colors that you used.

antique quilter said...

the blocks look great! can't wait to see the last one.
congrats on getting this far!
Kathie

BECKY said...

Pretty blocks!! I sure admire the talent and creativity...not to mention patience that goes into something like this!

:o)
Becky

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say that I love your rug hooking and the quilt too. Great stuff. :)

Area Rug said...

wow! you made it! That is so cool! Is that a pineapple in bottom? Love it!