Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quilt Meeting

My quilt group had our annual Christmas meeting at Kaye's house where we enjoyed a delicious potluck dinner - some show & tell - and an ornament exchange. Kaye had recently remodeled her basement to include a dye kitchen so we got to take a look around down there. Her collection of quilting books is phenomenal!



And some of her pincushions look great grouped together on a shelf.



Her fabric stash is stacked on shelves in closets built expecially for that purpose - the doors will soon be covered with colored burlap and they'll become her design walls for ongoing projects. I think she has four closets this size.  Her son did all the work for her so her every want, need and desire was accomodated.



She covered this cute little lamp shade with selvedge edges and filled the clear glass base with vintage buttons.


Her walk-in closet stores many of her completed quilts because there just aren't enough beds in the house to hold them all!



Her Charlie Brown Christmas tree really caught our attention because of it's size.




We had a lovely evening visiting with each other and catching up on what everyone has been doing - always one of the best parts of our meetings!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, her closets and shelves are a crafters dream. And that lamp is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time.

Julia said...

Hi Gayle, thanks for joining my blog . This is my first visit and I'm thrilled to see my good blogging friend Kim here on your blog.

That closet is DREAMY. Love it. JB

Karen said...

I tend to read quickly and thought you had a polka dot dinner. Had to go back and read that it was a pot luck dinner. LOL!

Lori said...

It sounds like a fun night together with friends! Kaye is very creative!!

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Holy moly!! Those are all quilting books??? All that fabric and quilts... oh my!! That is incredible! What a great idea to make design walls for ongoing projects. I guess she knows how fortunate she is to have her every wish accommodated, haha!

Love her pin cushion collection and the lamp is adorable. I enjoyed visiting Kaye's home, thanks for sharing!